Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving, I think?

This year marks the first year in my life that my family has not gotten together for the food, argumenting, humiliation and fist fighting that is Thanksgiving. I kind of miss the dried out turkey and the overcooked ham. I miss the giblet gravy and the super rich creamed potatoes. I miss the pumpkin, sweet potato and apple pies. I miss playing some football during halftime. I really do miss the family gathering. With a lot of the elder members of my family passing away I am sure that get togethers will be few and farther between. We used to get together every year at my Uncle Doug's house, he was the youngest brother to my grandmother and all in all a fun guy to be around, for every occasion, it was great. For those of you who have been to my house his house was what I refer to as the home place, as it was my great great grandparents'. Two of my cousins have set the pasture by that house on fire on different occasions, I broke one of my cousin's noses with a football one year in the yard. The times that we have with family are limited and I know that I did not think about it when I was trying to get out of going to them when I was younger. This year I actually ate Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant, there are apparently a lot of people that do this, but I enjoy the home cooked store bought meals had with the people that you only want to see twice a year opposed to great food from a nice restaurant, with people that you see all the time. So this year it was not like Thanksgiving to me, it was more like...well, my birthday except without the presents.

7 comments:

Nate said...

so....were you at the resturaunt solo?

Cyber D said...

brave heart, Q.

Q said...

No, I was there with my parents.

Nate said...

oh, I withdraw my rendition of "poor poor pitiful me" I was humming for you.

Q said...

Hey I am used to get togethers that consist of 10-12 people not 3. I see my parents all the time so yeah I enjoyed our lunch but it wasn't that special. It might have been but Midevil Times was closed.

Dagromm said...

I once broke a guy's nose on the basketball court. It's called defense bitch! I guess you told CyberD and myself how much you enjoy our lunch outings. Screw you.

Q said...

Those weren't so much lunch outings as they were excuses for hand jobs and general tomfoolery, and if things went well, which they usually did, oral pleasure. Anyways I fantasize err... really, really enjoyed our lunches.