Monday, September 25, 2006

Pimp My Ride

I think we are placing way to big an emphasis on our cars and pimping things out. Don't get me wrong I love my car and I love car stereo, it is kind of like hobby for me. But these people that just have someone else hook their shit up lose half of the fun of car audio, the industry thrives on these people when their stereo messes up they take it back to Car Stereo Joint and they sell them something new that these people probably don't need and they spend twice as much for it. Believe me I have paid for their services before and you pay twice as much for what you get and it is not worth it, you just have to read a little and invest a little time and you will have done it yourself and will enjoy it a lot more. Back to my original thought, we are showing these flashy cars and what not way to much, these young people on Pimp My Ride always say that they now have a new lease on life. Because you got your ride pimped??? Wow, how sad is the youth today.

1 comment:

Cyber D said...

I'm right there with you, Q-Dog. I think this obsession with "pimping rides" is ridiculous. Of course I am now approaching my mid 30s so priorities shift.

When you think back to your days as a young man the most expensive thing you owned was your vehicle... and in many ways is a young mans castle. It's his gateway to dating and having girls interested in him, it's his way of escape from responsibility and his access to entertainment.

I completely agree with you but I do remember a time in my life when my new car was the most important event in my life... and I remember washing my car every weekend by hand because it was just that important. Now with a wife, child, mortgage the car just falls down the list.