Saturday, July 08, 2006

City girls just seem to find out early.

So I was wondering around the metropolis of Bonham yesterday and stumbled by the monthly white trash extravaganza know as Second Monday Trades Days. I found amongst other things an exhorbanant amount of old car parts and cheap knives. I also found an 8 foot by sixteen foot floor rug with a pattern that was described on the tag as, are you ready for this? A Confederate Flag like design. So hanging up on a clothes line between 2 trees was a humongus Rebel Flag. I thought to my self how would I ever be able to get this thing home, just kidding, but seriously I wondered what human being in their right mind would buy a giant rebel flag print area rug. After walking around a little more and recovering from the consciousness of horrendous BO, my questions were answered. A gentleman who was driving a 1970's orange and yellow Chevy van with a print on the side of wild horses running through the open range was loading the rug up on the top of the van. The man was in his mid to late 40's, was missing some of his teeth and had a thin beard that was exceptional long for the total amount of hair that was present. I overheard him tell the merchant, who sold him the priceless art piece, that he was going to put it in the living room of his doublewide trailer. How fitting I think that I chuckled a little too loud as both men looked at me as I put my head down and shuffled off as to avoid confrontation. So the next time you are out driving around and see a product that you wonder who might want to purchase this, and you have a real good idea what the answer is. Go with your gut, it is usually right.

3 comments:

Nate said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nate said...

you suh, mist out on an excellent opprahtunity to pick up a symmmmbooool of remembrance from the war of Northern ah-greshion
(read that with a Foghorn Leghorn accent, I swear its funny)

Dagromm said...

Damn, it is funny.