Thursday, December 07, 2006

Meanderings about Toby Keith, Throwback

All of the content below is my opinion and only my opinion.
It all came about after Toby Keith released his song the Angry American and followed it up with a few other "patriotic" songs. What came about? You might ask. That is when I realized that I can’t stand Toby Keith. His fake insincerity rivals that of Garth Brooks. I am not making any statements about their talent or lack there of, I am just saying that I am tired of musicians telling us that it is all about the music and what they are feeling instead of telling the truth. That it is all about the MONEY. Money is what drives their industry, or any industry, and musicians are businessmen. The simple fact is that businessmen do things to make money. Here is the equation that Mr. Keith used: America after 9-11 + Songs about Patriotism = $$$$$$. I understood after the “Boot in your ass” song he had feelings of anger as we all did, but then he followed up with “My List”, “American Soldier”, and “The Taliban Song”. He also cleverly named his album Shock ‘n Y’all after the American offensive campaign against the Iraqis, with a similarly sounding title “Shock and Awe”, to play with our patriotic feelings. Things like this make me sick and people like Toby Keith anger me. So to Mr. Keith I say FUTK, and I love you Natalie.

4 comments:

Cyber D said...

I agree that Toby Keith is a tool, although I did used to like some of he earlier stuff. He used to have a decent voice before he stopped singing and started to simply "speak" his lyrics.

Q said...

The guy simply is an unoriginal no talent hack that has made a living off of peoples emotions and inability to think for themselves.

Nate said...

you had me at FUTK

Q said...

That's not what I whispered to you that night Gyuss ; )