Thursday, December 07, 2006

Three greatest songs ever. Throwback!

*1*
Buenos Noches from a Lonely Room (She Wore Red Dresses)
Dwight Yoakam
This is the quintessential she loved me, she left me, so I blew her brains out country song. This song is a haunting narrative about a love gone bad, and is by far my favorite song of all time. I enjoy songs that tell a story, and this one does, albeit a sad one. The song is done in the Dwight Yoakam style that his fans have come to love, he delivers chilling harmonies with his signature vibrato and yodeling sound. My favorite version of this song is the acoustic one off of dwightyoakamaccoustic.net. This song brings about a feeling of retribution for past wrongs by murder that I am for, so Buenos Noches from a Lonely Room that is why you are the greatest song of all time.

*2*
All Across the Universe
The Beatles
There is not much that can be said about the greatest rock band of all time that hasn't already been said. Almost any music list that is done will have at least one of their songs included, because of the varying styles of music that they played throughout their tenure together. I really enjoy the mellow melodic theme of this song, it makes me feel sleepy and that I like alot. This song is my favorite out of the entire Beatles catalog, which includes many great hits and great songs that were not hits. I enjoy being sleepy and that is why Across the Universe is the second greatest song of all time.

*3*
Freaks of the Industry
Digital Underground
This is the greatest rap song ever perfromed by a human being. This song has everything one could ever want in the music vehical that is rap. It has a multiple choice question which is something that is terribly difficult to mix into any music form. It also has the great line "Her head under my leg, under her arm under my toe" that right there should have catapulted Digital Underground into that anals of Rap history. Though this song did not get as much publicity as The Humpty Dance or All Around the World, however it is in my oppinion the best song off of the album Sex Packets. This songs makes me feel very quisical, what would I do a, b, c, or d , but he lets me know that e is what he did so I better listen up.

8 comments:

Dagromm said...

I agree with number three and believe that the rest is crap. Thank you for your inadequate opinion.

Q said...

I give your comment an A-

Q said...

Oh and you don't know anything about anything, so Hah!

Nate said...

Any greatest song list that does not include "Pancho and Lefty" will never have me.

Good day, sir!

I said, Good day!

Q said...

Which version? I maybe could make an argument for the Townes VanSant(sp.) one.

Q said...

Maybe

Cyber D said...

Dude, your recycling old internet articles you wrote on a different site. Don't give me crap about my infrequency of blog posts ever again!

Q said...

Yeah but I mixed it in with new blog posts that I make almost every day sometimes twice a day. CyberD you are mearly a monthly blogger, no amount of name calling will change that fact, but it is OK.