Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Meme

The idea behind the meme is that it’s about music, and that
you can put up to three answers to any question, but no more. One answer is OK,
two answers are OK, three answers are OK. Four is not OK, and five is right out.
Unless otherwise indicated, you can only choose songs, and be specific–putting
“anything by Madonna” doesn’t count.

NAME UP TO THREE IN EACH CATAGORY:


Song(s) That I Loath to the Core of My Being

I Don't Want To Miss A Thing – Aerosmith

Red Red Wine – UB40/Neil Diamond

I Love This Bar – Toby Keith


Musical artist(s) That I Loath to the Core of My Being

Toby Keith

Dave Mathews Band

Vince Gill


Rolling Stones Song(s) I Love

Paint it Black

Get Off Of My Cloud

Wild Horses


Beatles Song(s) I Love

All Across the Universe

Penny Lane

Let it Be


Who Song(s) I Love

Baba O’Riley

Pinball Wizard

Behind Blue Eyes




Dylan Song(s) I Love

Hurricane

All Along the Watchtower

Knocking on Heavens Doors


Reggae Songs I Love

The Tide is High – The Paragons


Country Song(s) I Love

The Chair – George Strait

She Wore Red Dresses – Dwight Yoakam

Guitars, Cadillacs – Dwight Yoakam


Country Artist(s) I Love

Dwight Yoakam

George Strait

Jerry Reed




Movie Soundtrack(s) I Love

Dirty Dancing

Team America - World Police

Batman (90’s)




Cover Song(s) I Love

Love Song – 311

Good Vibrations – The Beach Boys

Six Pack to Go – George Strait


Contemporary Top-40 Artist(s) I Secretly Love

Coldplay

Maroon 5

Dido


Song(s) That Bring Me To Tears

That’s My Job – Conway Twitty

Jose Cuervo – Shelly West

Islands in the Stream – Kenny Rogers/Dolly Parton


Song(s) That Make Me Shake My Ass

I’m Seeing Robots – Kool Keith

James Brown is Dead – LA Style

All Night Long(All Night) – Lionel Richie


Classical Composer(s) I Love

Your Mom




Rap/Hip Hop Songs I Love

Roll Out (My Business) – Ludacris

Ms. Fat Booty – Mos Def

Work It – Missy Elliot


70s Disco Song(s) I Love

Take a Chance on Me – ABBA

Hollywood Swingin’ – Kool and the Gang

Shining Star – Earth, Wind and Fire


70s Supergroup Song(s) I Love

Easy – The Commodores

Tonight’s the Night – Rod Stewart

You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet – Bachman-Turner Overdrive


Metal Song(s) I Love

Mr. Brownstone – Guns N’ Roses

Enter Sandman – Metallica

No One Knows – Queens of the Stone Age


Novelty Song(s) I Love

King Tut – Steve Martin

Lullabye – Steven Lynch

I’m Bad and I’m Nationwide – ZZ Top


New Wave Song(s) I Love

Forever Young – Alphaville

White Wedding – Billy Idol

Safety Dance – Men Without Hats


Soul/R&B Songs I Love

Let’s Get it On – Marvin Gaye

Killing Me Softly with His Song – The Fugees

A Woman’s Threat – R. Kelly


Power Ballad(s) I Love

November Rain – G N’R

Angel – Aerosmith

Girls, Girls, Girls – Motley Crue


Pre 1950s Song(s) I Love

White Christmas – Bong Crosby

Doing What Comes Naturally - Dinah Shore

Baby It’s Cold Outside – Johnny Mercer


Punk Song(s) I Love


80’s Song(s) I Love

Another Brick in the Wall pt. 2 – Pink Floyd

Hey Nineteen – Steely Dan

Every Breath You Take – The Police


Singer/Songwriter Songs I Love

David Gray

Paul Simon

Lyle Lovett


MTV Video(s) I Love

Hey Ya! – Andre 3000

Sabotage – The Beastie Boys

I Believe in a Thing Called Love – The Darkness


CMT Video(s) I Love

The Back of Your Hand – Dwight Yoakam

Midnight in Montgomery – Alan Jackson

In My Own Mind – Lyle Lovett


Song(s) to Have Sex To

Take Off Your Clothes – Morningwood

She’s Like the Wind – Patrick Swayze

The Seed (2.0) – The Roots


None of the Above Song(s) I Love

Magnolia Mountain – Ryan Adams

Cumbersome – Seven Mary Three

The Boxer – Simon & Garfunkel

5 comments:

Dagromm said...

Ok Q,
I enjoyed your post and know that it took a lot of effort to do. in fact I thought about doing one of my own, but am afraid of the effort that it will require. That being said I still have to take issue with a few points of your list.
1. You cannot loathe "Red Red Wine" That might be the single greatest white reggae song of all time. I can only assume that was a mistake on your part.
2. Admitting that one of your favorite soundtracks is Dirty Dancing is a little gay. I will say that the entire soundtrack actually encompassed to seperate albums with lots of classic oldies that I enjoy, but I will not admit to it as a favorite of all time.
3. Dido is not a secret love of yours. The fact that you were putting her in your top ten list of women in the world is proof of that.
4. I cannot see any way in which "Islands in the Stream" can bring you to tears unless it brings to mind some traumatic event. Did your father used to beat you whenever that song came on? Was that what was played in the background as your first puppy was euthanized for fear of rabies contamination? If so you get a pass, but those are the only reasons.
5. White Wedding cannot in any way shape or form be considered New Wave. It could be considered punk (although I might disagree) under which you have no songs listed which is also a crime.
6. Calling "Girls, Girls, Girls" a power ballad is in fact incorrect. There is nothing ballad about it. Where as it is a good song and probably the single greatest and most defining artistic endeavor of our generation it is a misclassification. This just offends me.
7. Brick in the Wall (Pt. 2) was in fact recorded on the 1979 and should not be listed as a one of your fav's of the 80's. I will cut you some slack though as the movie was not released until 1982.

Anybody else have a list, because I love criticizing.

Q said...

In Response to:
1. We Be Number One! I need not say more
2. So it is. But hey its a good soundtrack
3. Her music is a secret love of mine.
4. It is a long story, but it involves my departed grandfather who I used to go on rides in the car with when I was real little. This song would come on and I remembered the words so I would sing with it and he used to get a kick out of it. Just a fond memory that makes me sad/happy.
5. Punk, are you insane. This was part of that mass marketed 80's new wave. I have no punk listed because it is a made up genre devised by musicians who had no talent and claimed they were against the man to sell records. There by becoming, the man. Posers.
6. Possibly, but I consider it a sweet ballad meant to entice hookers to dance on my lap for money.
7. The album was released in late 1979 but the band toured for the album from 1980-1981 and this song was not released as a single until 1980. So I consider it a song of the 80's

Dagromm said...

In response to number 5 i would say that you are confusing punk with alternative which is a truly made up genre.

Q said...

Both are made up. Good bands that are considered punk are just rock bands, the same holds true for alternative.

Cyber D said...

That post took lots of time.